Echoview Software is thrilled to unveil Echoview 14: transform your data analysis today!
This release puts you and your hydroacoustic data at the forefront of focus and innovation.
Our dedicated team has been working hard to bring you an array of game-changing features to revolutionize your data processing experience.
If you haven't yet explored the impressive array of new capabilities, you're in for a treat with the introduction of transect definition and analysis, new operators, expanded support for a variety of hardware file formats (including Lowrance file format support), a new transducer geometry widget, and a collection of new tools – all designed to sharpen your data analysis.
Discover the innovative capabilities to enhance your workflow efficiency and maximize value from your data.
Transect definition and analysis
Easily analyze your data by transect thanks to “transect groups”: a new layer of information that can be created to partition pings.
Whether you're tracking vessel movement along transects, or analyzing stationary data in time series, you can define transects by drawing them manually on cruise tracks or in echograms, entering them in a table, or importing them from a file.
Lowrance file format support
Echoview 14 brings compatibility with data recorded by Navico Group Lowrance fish finders, including HDS and Elite product lines, plus other consumer Simrad systems that record sl2, sl3, or slg sonar log files.
Even more file formats
You can process even more types of hydroacoustic data with Echoview 14, as we now also support:
- Kongsberg EM systems recorded to *.kmall and *.kmwcd files
- Furuno FCV-38 split-beam echosounder data recorded to the ICES SONAR-netCDF4 format using the version 2 specification
- R2Sonic data in Echocheck
Transducer geometry widget to orient your data
This brand new and interactive 3D widget is used to visualize transducer orientation, allowing you to confirm that the pointing direction of your single beam or multibeam echosounder is just as you intended.
New operators to help refine your data
- Join opposing pings from single beam data collected from platforms where co-located transducers are pointing in opposite directions
- Ping time difference replaces samples in every ping with a number that represents the time elapsed between the current and the previous ping
- Resample multibeam pings to smooth your multibeam data and regularize the data across pings
- Combine fans to join data from dual head multibeam systems into one echogram
Simrad EK80 features
Echoview 14 includes new tools specifically designed for Simrad EK80 wideband data processing, including:
- Frequency-dependent adjustments to TwoWayBeamAngleTableWideband and AbsorptionCoefficientTableWideband via an Echoview Calibration Supplement (ECS) file
- Single Target Detection - Wideband operator support for detecting targets in non-split beam transducer data, as the second input operand (angular positions) is now optional
- Faster pulse compression calculations
Plus much more!