Full-time | Permanent | Hobart
Echoview Software is recognised as the global leader in hydroacoustic data visualisation and analysis software for the assessment of aquatic environments. Our flagship product Echoview®, is trusted by hundreds of organisations in over 60 countries and is the standard for advanced hydroacoustic studies in marine and freshwater ecosystems. We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will play an active role in developing testing procedures and enhancing utility programs. You will demonstrate the ability to perform appropriate research and to correctly implement and verify complex solutions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and reviewing requirements, and critiquing design specifications
- Designing and executing tests for mathematical algorithms
- Capturing and verifying bugs during the software development lifecycle
- Coming up with innovative ways to provoke edge cases in new features
- Contributing thoughts and ideas to improve the development process
This role will suit someone with experience in quality assurance testing, or a scientist looking to move into the commercial software space.
What we are looking for
- A commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Good communication skills when working in a team environment – both written and verbal
- The right to work in Australia
- Familiarity with scientific practices, such as environmental science, physics, mathematics, or similar
- Experience with scripting languages such as R, Python, Java, Visual Basic or similar
- Experience with the software development lifecycle
- Competitive salary package
- Central location in historic Battery Point
- Professional and supportive work environment
- Flexible, family friendly working arrangements
- Working culture that celebrates diversity and equal opportunity
- Opportunity to shape and grow the role
Please forward enquiries and applications to email@example.com.
We are keen to hear from anyone with the following skills and an interest in joining us.
- Acousticians or biologists with active hydroacoustic survey and data processing experience
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest