Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution’s The Ocean Twilight Zone (OTZ) project is hiring two postdoctoral investigators to focus on midwater ecosystems and organisms. The OTZ Project is a large-scale research effort funded by TED Audacious. The postdoctoral positions are in the following areas:
- Fish ecologist, with preference given to those with experience in fish age, growth, reproduction, or behavior
- Integration of acoustic, net, and optical data and techniques to understand the biomass and distribution of mesopelagic organisms. Experience with the processing of acoustic and optical data, inversion of acoustic data, and analysis of net samples strongly preferred.
- Conducting lab work related to the descriptions above
- Willing to participate in fieldwork (i.e oceanographic cruises)
- Work well in an interdisciplinary group, and
- Writing peer-reviewed publications and presenting research results at national and international scientific meetings.
Education & Experience
- New or recent recipients of a doctoral degree in fish ecology, physics, engineering, oceanography, or a related discipline are eligible. Usually, scientists with more than three to four years of postdoctoral experience are not considered for these positions.
It is anticipated that the two OTZ postdocs would work at the interface of research performed by Joel Llopiz, Heidi Sosik, and Andone Lavery. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Applications will be reviewed starting July 15, 2022. Open until filled, with a starting date by the end of 2022.
For more information please visit here.