The Environmental Research Institute (ERI) is looking for a Research Fellow in Electronic Engineering to develop activities in marine sensing. The ERI is part of North Highland College, a partner in the University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI).
Closing date for applications: 19 September 2022
Location: Thurso, Scotland
The candidate will lead the development, upgrade and deployment of autonomous marine sensor platforms to investigate the environmental effects of large-scale offshore renewable energy. This will include:
- review of sensors and instrumentation, working with the multi-disciplinary team to develop a requirement specification – this includes multi-frequency echosounders, imaging sonar, etc.
- electrical and electronic design, including instrument control, communications, power supply and redundancy
- develop and implement software for interfacing and processing data in real time
- platform test and demonstration, before deployments
- contribute to development of algorithms for data processing and analysis.
For more information please visit the website here.